Friday, August 1, 2008

More news from the Emirates

Me with one of the Emiratis at the Mall




Me at Abu Dhabi Mall


Inside Abu Dhabi Mall


Abu Dhabi Shopping Mall




The subway where I take to go to Lulu Hypermarkets.


Lulu hypermarkets where I usually buy my Filipinos dinner



The laundry shop


My two friendly laundry assistants where I got my laundry done


The Kabus shop

The Pakistanis doing the Roti Nan type of bread called Kabus


My barber shop entrance

The barber shop where I have my haircut done for 10 dirham

Dear Comrades,

It is the beginning of August…weather had yet to reach the peak. Yesterday after our weekly dinner in one of the few Chinese Restaurants in Abu Dhabi, we went to the Gold Centre to shop at the many jewellery shops. There are also many shops selling furniture imported from Malaysia at the centre. Surprisingly there is not a single security guard at any of the gold shops while all the gold and diamond were openly displayed.Malaysian robbers will have a free time over here.

Partly due to the terrible heat over here, I need to have my haircut early and got it done in one of the Indian hair saloon for only 10 dirham. The villa I am staying is located very conveniently to the numerous groceries shops, hair saloon, and some big shopping centre like Al Wahda Mall centre and Lulu Hypermarket. Did my Window Live Messenger with my wife regularly at one of the Internet Café for only 5 Dirham per hour which is also walking distance to my villa.

It hardly rains in AD and there is no drainage system in their building layout.The landscaping here are maintain green by the sprinkle system which run underground.Newspapers here are sold for 3 Dirham but their paper quality are superior with glossy finish and come with 5 sections.

No comments: