Sunday, May 4, 2008

Down Memory Lane...revisited my Alma Mater

The main block of Malacca High School.

In front of Malacca High School Guard House entrance


Myself in front of Banda Hilir English School entrance



Signboard of Banda Hilir English School.



Returned back to my Alma Mater after a lapse of more than 30 years.Went back to visit my primary school which was then called B.H.E.S Banda Hilir English School.Last left the school in the year 1974 after completed my Standard 6.Luckily the guard was kind enough to let me in to take some photos. Most of the school buildings remain intact except with new coat of paint and some minor renovation.It was located in Jalan Banda Hilir and I can still recalled we waited for our school bus at a field opposite the school.However the field is now occupied by Dataran Pahlawan, a new shopping complex.

Later went over to Malacca High School,my secondary school which was just a walking distance away from BHES.Luck was again with me when the guard allowed me in to take photographs. Walked into the school field where there was a cricket game going on.Fond memories returned as I strolled along the school.Managed to snap some photos of the school blocks,canteen,field and assembly area.

No comments: